EGR? Hvor? (bytte grenrør) Flere spørsmål.

Motor, Karosseri, Softtop/Hardtop, Senking, Dekk/Felger, Bremser, Lys, Stereo
Kun Betalende medlemmer har skrivetilgang her.

Moderator: Styremedlemmer

Sevenord
6500 RPM
6500 RPM

EGR? Hvor? (bytte grenrør) Flere spørsmål.

Post by Sevenord »

Ref forrige tråd fra meg så skal jeg installere grenrøret i morgen. Jeg trodde jeg hadde gjort klart det meste idag, men ser ref denne guiden: http://moesrealm.com/miata/power/racing ... ta-header/ at de nevner en "EGR" som er vrien. Jeg ser ikke helt hvor denne skal være?? Noen som klarer å forklare? Det er da ikke noe mer som er koblet til selve grenrøret enn en stykk sonde. Eller?

Quote:

Before you start bolting everything down tight, reinstall the EGR tube; this is a pain but with some wiggling around you can get it back on.

Hvor,hvor?
'86 Porsche 944 Targa
'91 MX-5 1.6 Longnose - Solgt
Morphinytry
1000 RPM
1000 RPM

Re: EGR? Hvor? (bytte grenrør) Flere spørsmål.

Post by Morphinytry »

Skriver bare svar rett fra ett annet Miata-forum. EGR'n blir visstnok tett/skitten. Så lurt å rense denne.

The EGR valve is at the upper rear of the engine on my 99. It is very easy to remove, a bit harder to clean. On the 99-00 it can get pretty dirty (do a search on P0401 and P0402 codes here). Basically what happens is that the EGR is routed through the upper intake manifold from the EGR valve. The path thru the upper manifold gets clogged (lousy design) and pretty soon you kick off the P0401 code (insuffficient EGR flow). At this point you should take everything apart and clean it. Usually if caught in time this is a once every 50,000 miles or more procedure. If you don't catch it in time, the clogged orifaces cause enough backup that the EGR valve itself gets clogged up a bit, and the residue cokes on the valve shaft and seat, and the EGR valve no longer closes correctly, and then you get P0402 - excessive EGR flow. When this happened to mine I could not get the valve clean enough and had to replace it. I haven't had the problem again.

There is also an unoffical fix to get rid of the P0401 code, and that is to use a different vacuum hose on the badly-named boost sensor. While this will keep the code from tripping, it does nothing to clean the gunk from the intake, which is what's causing the code.

So, if your Miata is a 99-00, this is the long answer. If yours is an 01+, then I'm not sure it is it applicable.

http://forum.miata.net/vb/archive/index ... 19072.html

http://www.miata.net/garage/manifold/index.html
Sevenord
6500 RPM
6500 RPM

Post by Sevenord »

Men jeg klarer ikke å se/skjønne hvor denne EGR'en er i forhold til grenrøret og hvorfor den må taes av for å bytte grenrør.. Ellers takk for linker :)
'86 Porsche 944 Targa
perri
2000 RPM
2000 RPM
Medlemsnummer: 858

Post by perri »

Just finished installing a 94 engine in my 91 Miata only to find out that there is a crack in the EGR tube that runs from the exhaust manifold to the intake manifold. Now since the 91 did not use the EGR it is not hooked up so there is no real loss.

The only problem is the sound of the louder then normal exhaust caused by the crack. I would like to take the tube off and cap it, but have not had a chance to see where the crack is and how it can be fixed.

Any ideas as to what I can do to fix the tube? Is it easy to get to now that the engine is back in the car? The muffler shop wanted 2 hours labour to remove and repair. I figure removal should not be an issue and repair is irrelivant.
Ser ikke ut som du har noen...
Linken: http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=65053
If it ain't broken, don't fix it.
97 NA RØD 1,8L BP
06 SAAB 93 SC Maptun stg.1
biXen
7200 RPM
7200 RPM
Medlemsnummer: 999

Post by biXen »

Dette er vel en nox miljøgreie som de ikke gadd bry seg med i 91 ;)
Mazda RX-8 GT HP 2004 Winning Blue
x Mazda MX-5 1,6l 2000 Brilliant Black

Webdesign blog
Sevenord
6500 RPM
6500 RPM

Post by Sevenord »

Var det jeg krysset fingrene for.. :D Men da har jeg snart alt under kontroll :)

Takker!
'86 Porsche 944 Targa
Morphinytry
1000 RPM
1000 RPM

Post by Morphinytry »

In internal combustion engines, exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) is a nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions reduction technique used in most petrol/gasoline and diesel engines.
TurboLag
6500 RPM
6500 RPM

Post by TurboLag »

Morphinytry wrote:In internal combustion engines, exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) is a nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions reduction technique used in most petrol/gasoline and diesel engines.
Riktig, det kjører eksos inn i innsuget for å redusere oksygeninnhold, og dermed redusere forbrenningstemperatur. Lavere temp, mindre NOx
1994 1.8L Miata--prosjekt strekkoppbil igang
1990 BMW 325
1997 BMW 523i
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson